Friday, August 5, 2011

Tracks Taken

Thought I'd paint something a bit more open this time.  It seems like, from looking back at the other paintings I've done, that I have a habit of packing design, image etc... into as much space as I can.  Now while i have to admit that I never really thought about it before, the more items/images et al, within a piece adds to it's complexity, and when you're trying to get all symbolic and abstract, the more the merrier, or so I say.

Yet for this piece I thought I'd free up the canvas, leave more open space.  Yet I still wanted to come up with something in the abstract.  I wanted to tell a story and to lead that story a long in a linear pattern.  I wanted symbols to represent the story and to tell it in a certain way.  I think I did that here.  I certainly could have painted the picture a bit different, yet I'm pleased with what I got out of this exercise, as primitive as it may appear, therefore I chose to post it here.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did creating it.  Again, I'd like to thank Mr. Paint for the brushes for the sticker spray, they come in really handy and I used a couple of them on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment