Tuesday, September 4, 2012

2012 Week 1 Predictions

I just posted my preview and predictions for the year a couple minutes ago.  However, I actually wrote most of that up a week to 10 days ago, and just finished typing it in tonight.

That said, like last year, I'm going to predict each week out individually again.  There will be differences as the year goes on, in fact there will probably be differences from the first week in the season predictions to the one I'm doing here right now.

Last year I had a better correct prediction percentage than I saw posted from anywhere.  And believe me, I looked.  You can check last years, and any of this years you may miss as the season goes on, just by going to the tab atop the screen.  Last years posts are already in there. I'm hoping to beat last years percentage.  And while I know that'll be difficult, I'm at least shooting to stay somewhere in that range.  Anyhow, here goes week one.

Being the first week, I won't go into as much detail with the picks as those of you who read my articles last season may recall.  Eventually I'll get write longer bits for each game, but bear with me the first few weeks until I get back into the routine of doing these each week.

Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2012

Dallas Cowboys Vs. New York Giants

I know there are a lot of people out there predicting great things for Dallas this year.  I just don't see it.  Sure, they added some of what they lacked on defense, but really, if you look at it, they added a rookie CB, who should be good, and Brandon Carr, a guy I've never really been all too impressed with…actually, I'll clarify that by saying he's a solid, steady guy every team would like to have back there, but he's not a gamechanging CB.  At least I don't think so.  On offense, wow, I have questions.  Offensive Line, Romo's health, Austin's health, Dez's guidelines, not to mention Witten's status.  I'm going with the Giants, they are the champs and really don't have many question marks at all. 24-13

Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012

Indianapolis Colts Vs. Chicago Bears

Should be a blow out.  If it's not, perhaps I'm too high on the bears chances this year.  Luck's first regular season game should be intriguing though.  Chicago  34-17

Philadelphia Eagles Vs. Cleveland Browns

Another game that shouldn't really be close.  Things to watch for:  Vick staying healthy.  Weeden and Richardson's first action.  Eagles Big. 33-10

St. Louis Rams Vs. Detroit Lions

Another of the same type of game.  Detroit wins big.  Looking to see how the Lion's RB situation sorts itself out, but still, probably won't know much more until Leshoure gets in there.  Stafford to Calvin is always fun to watch for.  38-21

Miami Dolphins Vs. Houston Texans

See.  The theme this week is bad vs good teams.  Tannehill's first start is all I can see Dolphin fans looking forward too here.  Houston 42-7

Atlanta Falcons Vs. K.C. Chiefs

A bit better of a game.  Chiefs played strong down the stretch last year.  I think Romeo will do a nice job with them, but they have a tough opening few weeks.  Fully healthy and lots of offensive weapons.  But, not nearly enough to outmatch Matt Ryan and the Falcon's weapons, who should be very fun to watch this year.  Atlanta 24-13

Jacksonville Jaguars Vs. Minnesota Vikings

Two bad teams entering a season with the hope of being good.  One will get a win, one will get a loss.  MJD in on 3rd downs, and the Jags offense had a little spark to it this preseason, will be interesting to see if it can carry over.  But I'm going to take the Vikings, for coaching consistency and being home.  16-13

Washington Redskins Vs. New Orleans Saints

RGIII vs what's left of the Saints after Bountygate.  What's left.  Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham and the ability to score at will.  They'll be fine this year, just fine.  31-10

Buffalo Bills Vs. NY Jets

Lots of hype for my Bills this year.  I'm just hoping it's for real this year.  I'm interested to see how the Jets use Tebow, but hoping it won't work.  This all said, I have to think it'll be a close game, but one that the front four of the Bills Defensive dominates.  13-7 Buffalo

New England Patriots Vs. Tennessee Titans

The Locker era opens in Nashville.  Patriots could go undefeated this year, unfortunately.  But they do look great.  High Scoring game.  49-38

Seattle Seahawks Vs. Arizona Cardinals

I like Russell Wilson and can't wait to see this game.  I'm a big Ryan Williams fan as well, so will be nice to finally see him play.  However, with suspect QB play for AZ, and a stout Seattle defense, I think the Seahawks take this opener.  20-10

San Francisco 49ers Vs. Green Bay Packers

Game many thought would've been played last year in the NFC championship game.  Should be the marquis game of the week in my opinion.  I like GB a lot this year, why wouldn't I thought, right?  The fact they shored up their defense some more, really should be the difference.  31-23

Carolina Panthers Vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Cam Newton vs new look Bucs.  I'm going with the Panthers in a better than advertised type of game.  Will be watching V-Jax and Doug Martin closely for the Bucs though.  17-9 Panthers

Pittsburgh Steelers Vs. Denver Broncos

Peyton Manning's first real game for Denver, at home, against a Steelers team that is not where they want to be right now.  Big play WR Mike Wallace is just getting acclimated to the new offense, a hodge-podge at RB and some offensive line concerns.  Can I see Pittsburgh winning, yes.  Will I pick them, no.  Denver. 21-14

Monday, Sept. 10, 2012

Cincinnati Bengals Vs. Baltimore Ravens

Should be a good game.  Two good teams with proving to do.  I really want to pick the Bengals, and if this was in Cincinnati I would've, but sometimes home cooking is all the difference.  24-21

San Diego Chargers Vs. Oakland Raiders

And so the week rounds out in the Black Hole.  Raider fans are way too excited for this season.  They aren't going to be as great as many make them out to be.  But I think they'll pull this one out.  As I'm getting some really bad vibes out of SD this year.  Hope they keep it interesting enough to give us reasons to keep watching the game to the end.  Raiders 28-24

See You in Week 2


No comments:

Post a Comment