Sunday, April 22, 2012

Some Outlandish NFL Draft Scenarios

Well, I'm just going to be a bit silly today.  I was thinking about some odd combinations that could go down, well, anything can happen, but that  certainly doesn't mean that they have good possibilities of taking place.  I 'm going to list how things "could" go down, just the top 10.

Indy- Luck
Skins- RGIII
Vikes- Claiborne
Browns- Blackmon
Bucs- Richardson
Rams- Floyd
Jax- Gilmore
Miami- Tannehill
Carolina- Fletcher Cox
Buffalo- Matt Kalil

Ha.  Would be great.  Or how about:

Luck
RGIII
Kalil
Tannehill
Claiborne
Richardson
Ingram
Kuechly
Poe
Blackmon

Ha.  That would also be great  ok, one more

Luck
RGIII
Kalil
Blackmon
Richardson
Floyd
Gilmore
Tannehill
Coples
Claiborne

ok, enough craziness for one night.

I put this together for all those people who actually think any of these three guys have a chance to slip to #10.  There's just not much chance any of these guys fall that far, for look each scenario has a guy or ten in there that most likely won't be.  The first is the most likely but in that case Kalil will go to St. Louis or Jax and Buffalo will kind of be where they are right now anyhow.  In the second Kuechly is worthy of a top 10 selection but I highly doubt it, and Ingram/Poe/Cox  all three names are mentioned around the Carolina spot but I'll believe it when I see it, Cox I do think has a good shot to land there though.

Would I be thrilled if one of these came to light, absolutely.  But if any of these three wind up in a Bills Jersey thursday night, it means the Bills traded up for them, which most likely means not having a second this year and a first next year.  Probably way too much to pay to move up.  Now if say, Blackmon makes it to six, we could probably get up with a package of #10 this year, our second round this year, one of our 4th's this year and a second next year.  Something like that might be too much for St. Louis to pass up on, and still have a shot at Floyd at 10.  But Nix doesn't like giving up picks so this is all fantasyland.

I'll have my final mock out tuesday or wednesday.  Right now though I'm hoping Gilmore is still on the board, because i'm hearing the Bills don't want to take a receiver until 3rd/4th rounds and I really don't like the tackle prospects left and while I do like Dre Kirkpatrick, I think 10 is too early, actually it's probably too early for Gilmore and Floyd as well, but those guys will both be gone by 10 or soon after so those would make sense.





No comments:

Post a Comment